Monday, March 29, 2010

Life on the run

A lot of people brag about being on the run. Believe me, this is nothing to brag about, nor is it something I ever want to do again.

It's not fun to wake up every day and have to look out the window just to go get fresh air. It sucks to not be able to go shopping for yourself or go into a restaurant. Now that I think about it, I basically did 11 months house arrest. How silly of me to think I couldn't do it, huh?

There were nights on the run when I couldn't even breathe. It would take a lot for me to catch my breath. It felt like someone took the lungs out of my chest. Sometimes, whenever I thought about being caught, I suddenly would lose my breath. Does this sound like a life you would want to live? I didn't think so!

When I finally did get caught, it was almost as if a weight was lifted off of my chest. Luckily, when I was on the run, I had good people around me to make sure that I was well taken care of. But I had to lie to them and I feel bad about that. They took me in like I was their own. To them - I'm sorry and thank you so much.

But next time any of you want to go on the run, just remember that it will only lead to one place. And that's gonna be about 400 miles from home and in a tiny concrete home with no freedom. If that's sound like what you'd like to do, be my guest.

If I could give you any advice, it'd be to just do your probation and move on. What's a few years compared to the rest of your life?

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment